Friday, November 14, 2008

Hacking Away in a Post-11/4 World

A Letter From the Editor

Cherished readers of The Raw Intelligence, on behalf of my staff I would like to apologize for our absence since the day after the election. I have been focused for the past week and a half on coughing my lungs out of my body one tiny piece at a time, and my staff chose to exploit that distraction, either by ditching out of the office to protest outside of Mormon churches or by sitting around talking about the regal greatness of the Los Angeles Lakers.
The good and bad news is that neither the Lakers talk nor the protests are going to change a goddamn thing. The Lakers are regal and great, and their season will be a grand processional to a championship that should be observed in reverent silence (unless of course you are at Staples Center). Proposition 8 is law, the people of this state have spoken, and marching in the street in West Hollywood is about as likely to change that as my daily tirade to my cat about taking less-foul-smelling shits is to change the smell of my cat’s shits. Not fucking likely.
Anyway, we’re back to work now, and in the next few minutes we’ll be posting a few things our staff has been totally tripping on.

Signed,
Travis Lee Hunter
Editor and Publisher

No comments: