Monday, December 8, 2008

TRI Has a Shit-Lazy Staff

A Letter from the Editor

So here I am again apologizing for going a few weeks without posting. What can I say…my staff is shit-lazy. They keep churning out bullshit like “holiday gift guides” (as if anyone has any fucking money) and bullshit about Obama’s Cabinet (as if we won’t have plenty of time to bitch about them later).
And I refuse to subject you, the discriminating Raw Intelligence reader, to such…what’s the word…ah, yes — bullshit.
I aaaalmost wrote about the U.S. automakers flying in on private jets to beg Congress for money, but all that kept coming out were things like, “Cocksuckers!” and, “There is actually an extensive history of government bailouts for critical industries in America, the only difference between then and now is that, in the past, incredible care was taken to spell out specific guidelines about how the money would be used and how it would be paid back.”
But who wants to read that shit?
And the Editor and Publisher’s personal life hasn’t exactly been a fountain of inspiration lately. I could have shared some recent things I wrote, with titles like: “Being Homeless Actually Ain’t That Bad (If You Have Good Friends),” “Del Taco Is Actually Pretty Damn Good,” and “My New Band Is Going To Rip Your Face Off.”
But I say again: Who wants to read that shit?
Anyway, then a plane fell from the sky on some poor family in San Diego and got my staff all fired up. Post soon to follow.

Keep your heads up,
Travis Lee Hunter
Editor and Publisher

No comments: